lftp enhancement request: command line option to inhibit loading of ~/.lftprc
Andreas Luik
2014-08-09 12:06:57 UTC
Hello Alexander,

  I would like to propose a small enhancement for lftp: I use it from a cron-Job

and was looking for a way to inhibit loading of (user specific-) settings from

the ~/.lftprc or ~/.lftp/rc to make sure that settings in these file do not

(inadvertetly) influence the background job(s).  Other programs often

have a command line option to do so, but unfortunately lftp lacks it.

I would appreciate it, if you could consider to add it ...

Thanks for the great tool, lftp works great ...

PS: I understand that using a dedicated user for the cron-Job would reduce

the need for the command line option, but still I think it would be useful.

Kind regards,
--
i. A. Andreas Luik
in - innovative navigation GmbH

in - innovative navigation GmbH, Leibnizstrasse 11, D-70806 Kornwestheim
GeschÀftsfÌhrer/Managing Directors:
Dr. Thomas Gern, Dr. Martin Sandler, Dr. Reinhard Zimmermann, Uwe Vögele
Handelsregister: Stuttgart HRB 205770

in - innovative navigation GmbH is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Alexander V. Lukyanov
2014-08-19 09:50:04 UTC
Post by Andreas Luik
  I would like to propose a small enhancement for lftp: I use it from a cron-Job
and was looking for a way to inhibit loading of (user specific-) settings from
the ~/.lftprc or ~/.lftp/rc to make sure that settings in these file do not
(inadvertetly) influence the background job(s).  Other programs often
have a command line option to do so, but unfortunately lftp lacks it.
Please see https://github.com/lavv17/lftp/commit/3de6e7eb3b11ed67ab03839fcaaea17fc0b74c70

It adds the --norc option (will be available in lftp-4.5.5).
--
Alexander.