LFTP script no longer working
John Niendorf
2013-12-30 07:09:42 UTC
Hi Guys,

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and have been using a script to automatically upload
images to my Phocagallery directory in my account.

Below is the basic script:

read -p " Press the [Enter] key continue..."

LCD="/home/grouchygaijin/Pictures/Phoca_upload"
RCD="/path/to/destination/directory/on/the/server"

#DELETE="--delete"
lftp -c "set ftp:list-options -a;
open -u username,pass -p 18765 sftp://siteground144.com;
lcd $LCD;
cd $RCD;
mirror --reverse \
$DELETE \
--verbose \
--exclude-glob a-dir-to-exclude/ \
--exclude-glob a-file-to-exclude \
--exclude-glob a-file-group-to-exclude* \
--exclude-glob other-files-to-exclude"
mv /home/grouchygaijin/Pictures/Phoca_upload/* /media/Elements/"Image
Staging"/

Of course in the actual script, I have my username and the real destination
path.

The problem is that starting last week, if I click on the launcher I made
to run the script I get an error:

delaying before reconnect...

The really weird thing is that if I open a terminal and type the name of
the script to run it, about 80% of the time the script will run as it
should. The other 20% of the time I get the same delaying before reconnect
error.

Do any of you Gurus have an idea of what is happening?
I'd really like to get my script working again.
John
Alexander V. Lukyanov
2014-02-14 08:47:42 UTC
Post by John Niendorf
The problem is that starting last week, if I click on the launcher I
delaying before reconnect...
Turn on debug to see what happens. It can be a problem on the server.

--
Alexander.