string of commands and lftp output
Robert DuToit
2014-02-22 14:39:08 UTC
Hi Alexander,

Ok so we have changed course and instead of running lftp via Expect (a nightmare!) I am trying just a one liner and avoiding the interactive script

lftp -u username,password server -e “mkdir /a; mkdir /a/b; cd /a/b; set xfer:log yes; set xfer:log-file /test.log; mirror -vvv -R somefile; mirror -vvv -R anotherfile; bye” > /output.log

It works which is good. I see the xfer log but the output in output.log doesn’t show much at -vvv level. Within the Expect script we saw the %uploaded stats for large files and also the final stats of “New 1 file, 0 directories… etc”

I am wondering why more logging isn’t showing or if the -e option and multiple commands turns a lot of that off?

Also wondering if because we are sending in the password if that can be seen now...

Thanks, Rob
Robert DuToit
2014-02-24 04:05:36 UTC
Hi Alexander,

a footnote also: The commands are running fine but still not getting any upload stats but more importantly the log file isn’t updating till the very end of the session so I can’t monitor the progress in the UI.

Thanks, Rob
Robert DuToit
2014-03-11 10:07:59 UTC
Thanks Alexander,

Where in the code would I look for the switch be that turns down the verbose levels?

Best, Rob
In non-interactive mode there are fewer diagnostic messages. Also mirror checks if lftp is in the foreground process group of FD 1 before writing verbose messages.
--
Alexander.
Alexander V. Lukyanov
2014-03-11 10:43:44 UTC
Post by Robert DuToit
Where in the code would I look for the switch be that turns down the verbose levels?
You can take a look at:

bool Log::WillOutput(int l)
void MirrorJob::va_Report(const char *fmt,va_list v)

also you can try:

set cmd:verbose yes
set cmd:interactive yes
--