LFTP errors
Taki Rapulanelyle
2014-02-12 22:50:17 UTC
Hi!

Can someone please help me solve this error message?
I'm trying to connect to an ftp server that requires a secure socket layer, requires we use LFTP. I'm using the following lftp commands:

#lftp -e "set ftp:ssl-force true" -u <myusername,password> ftp site with remote directory set
lftp -e "set ftp:ssl-protect-data true"
lcd <local directory>
put <filename>

then I get this error message:

put: Access failed: 534 Policy requires SSL.

My version of LFTP installed on the Linux server is:

# lftp -v
Lftp | Version 2.5.2 | Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Alexander V. Lukyanov
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. See COPYING for details.
Send bug reports and questions to <***@uniyar.ac.ru>.

Thanks,

Taki

Alexander V. Lukyanov
2014-02-14 05:44:18 UTC
Post by Taki Rapulanelyle
Can someone please help me solve this error message?
put: Access failed: 534 Policy requires SSL.
Turn on debug in lftp and see what happens. Add -d option.
Post by Taki Rapulanelyle
# lftp -v
Lftp | Version 2.5.2 | Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Alexander V. Lukyanov
Wow. This is ancient.
--
Alexander.