lftp stuck at Getting directory content (51558960) [receiving data]
nopleasenospam
2014-03-27 10:40:25 UTC
Hello,

I'm using LFTP to transfer a huge amount of files. I have an image hosting
site and I'm moving into a new server.

It worked for 2 folders with 180 00 files, it took a very long time, close
to 24 hours to do it but it worked.

Now I have a problem with a folder containing +380 000 files, it is stuck
at:

Getting directory content (51558960) [receiving data]

And it's like that since 10 hours.

I read a lot in the forums and tried several settings but with no luck.

The other folders worked with this command:

lftp ftp://user:***@nicholas-gilman.dreamhost.com -e "mirror --parallel=8
-n /xxxx /var/www/xxxx ; quit"

This is all the setting I added and tried with no luck:

lftp ftp://user:***@nicholas-gilman.dreamhost.com -e "set
ftp:ssl-protect-list no" -e "set ftp:ssl-allow no" -e "set net:timeout 0" -e
"set ftp:sync-mode off" -e "set ftp:use-mdtm off" -e "mirror --parallel=8 -n
/6pix.net/images /var/www/6pix.net/images ; quit"

I'm still stuck to the same point.

Thanks for your help.

Christian.

---
Alexander V. Lukyanov
2014-03-27 11:41:53 UTC
Post by nopleasenospam
Now I have a problem with a folder containing +380 000 files, it is stuck
Getting directory content (51558960) [receiving data]
And it's like that since 10 hours.
Do you use the latest stable lftp version? (4.4.15)

Try to run "strace -p PID" where PID is that of lftp process.
If it shows nothing, run "gdb /usr/bin/lftp PID" and type "info stack".
Also try "top" and see what is the state of lftp process.

Alexander.
Alexander V. Lukyanov
2014-03-27 12:10:35 UTC
Post by Alexander V. Lukyanov
If it shows nothing, run "gdb /usr/bin/lftp PID" and type "info stack".
"pstack PID" is a simpler command for this.
--
Alexander.