Question regarding fix in 4.6.0
T***@bertelsmann.de
2014-10-21 10:45:54 UTC
Hi Alexander,
we've seen that in 4.6.0 a bug "ftp: wait for QUIT reply before closing control socket." was fixed. Can you please tell us, if this fixed bug is present in release 4.5.6 ?

Thanks and regards,
Tilo
Alexander Lukyanov
2014-10-21 11:01:42 UTC
No, it isn't. I have decided that the change is too significant to include
in a maintenance release. Use 4.6. And I don't consider it a serious bug -
it was there for years and nobody complained.
2014-10-21 12:43:16 UTC
OK, thank you.

Just for your information: We’re using a managed file transfer (MFT) product called Ayway Synchrony Gateway as a multi-protocol service (supports FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTPS, and so on). And this solution checks for complete transfers, which means it checks the data flow, if a transfer is correct or not. And if it’s not correct we will get an interrupted transfer. Most of our transfers between Synchrony Gateway <-> lftp works fine, but every now and then we’ll get failed transfers. So this bug is quite important for us, but I wonder why most of the transfers are working fine, if this bug was already in lftp for years. Any idea?

2014-10-21 12:54:19 UTC
Failed transfers are most probably not related to the QUIT issue. To
determine the cause for failed transfers it is necessary to analyse traces,
debug logs, maybe packet dumps.

The QUIT issue is only related to control connection termination, not to
data transfers.