Question about lftp using ssl/tls
Juan Sebastian Castro
2013-06-07 21:49:20 UTC
Hello I'm working on Red Hat Company in the support cases team. Right
now I've been going through the man pages and I have a case where the
customer has to connect to a ftp-ssl (AS/400) the problem is that in the
script He is trying to use the first time the following message arises
with this:
`SITE namefmt 1' at 0 [FEAT negotiation...]

Then I told him to disable that feature (set ftp:use-feat off)

But now We are stuck with this other one:
`SITE namefmt 1' at 0 [TLS negotiation...]

This is what the CU is trying to do:

[***@server ~]# lftp
lftp :~> set ftps:initial-prot
lftp :~> set ftp:ssl-force true
lftp :~> set ftp:use-feat off
lftp :~> set ssl:cert-file /root/Linux_ftps/FTPFISUAT.CRT
lftp :~> set ftp:ssl-protect-data true
lftp :~> open 192.168.109.2:990
lftp 192.168.109.2:~> user user passwd
lftp ***@192.168.109.2:~> site namefmt 1
`SITE namefmt 1' at 0 [TLS negotiation...]

but I was observing that the ftps:initial-prot has 4 more options stated
in the man C, E , S, P which We don't know exactly what those are
referring to.

ftps:initial-prot (string)
specifies initial PROT setting for FTPS connections.
Should be one of: C, S, E, P, or empty. Default is empty which
means unknown, so that lftp will use PROT command
unconditionally. If PROT command turns out to be unsupported,
then Clear mode would be assumed.

If you can lead me a bit I'd really appreciate that.

Thank you so much
--
Juan Sebastian Castro
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Red Hat Global Support Services
Alexander V. Lukyanov
2013-08-16 10:53:44 UTC
Post by Juan Sebastian Castro
Hello I'm working on Red Hat Company in the support cases team.
Right now I've been going through the man pages and I have a case
where the customer has to connect to a ftp-ssl (AS/400) the problem
is that in the script He is trying to use the first time the
`SITE namefmt 1' at 0 [FEAT negotiation...]
Then I told him to disable that feature (set ftp:use-feat off)
`SITE namefmt 1' at 0 [TLS negotiation...]
It would be helpful to turn on the debug using "debug" command in lftp.
Post by Juan Sebastian Castro
lftp :~> set ssl:cert-file /root/Linux_ftps/FTPFISUAT.CRT
Probably you also need to specify "ssl:key-file" - the private key.
Post by Juan Sebastian Castro
lftp :~> open 192.168.109.2:990
lftp 192.168.109.2:~> user user passwd
`SITE namefmt 1' at 0 [TLS negotiation...]
but I was observing that the ftps:initial-prot has 4 more options
stated in the man C, E , S, P which We don't know exactly what those
are referring to.
See RFC 4217, but it should not relate to the problem.

'C' - Clear - neither Integrity nor Privacy
'S' - Safe - Integrity without Privacy
'E' - Confidential - Privacy without Integrity
'P' - Private - Integrity and Privacy

--
Alexander.