Status for incomplete files
Alexander V. Lukyanov
2014-09-19 06:39:44 UTC
I am looking for a way to know the file is still getting transferred and is
incomplete. Some file downloaders append some token such as _tmp or
something else to the file name until its getting transferred when the file
transfer completes its renamed to its original name. I know about pget
option which creates a *lftp-pget-status* file but I prefer more direct
option.
Please try development snapshot
http://lftp.yar.ru/ftp/devel/lftp-4.5.5.20140918.tar.gz
with xfer:use-temp-file set to "yes".

Alexander.
akshay gupta

Akshay
akshay gupta
2014-09-19 07:11:37 UTC
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply!

I tried using this and it seems to works prefixing ".in." to files
getting transferred.

What is the expected release date for this development version?

Does it also have an additional setting to use custom flags for temporary
files. Like if i want "_tmp_" prefixed to temporary files.

~ Akshay
Alexander.
Alexander Lukyanov
2014-09-19 11:28:26 UTC
Please try http://lftp.yar.ru/ftp/devel/lftp-4.5.5.20140919.tar.gz, it
introduces another setting xfer:temp-file-name. You can thus change the
temporary file name; an asterisk is replaced by the original file name. So
you would do "set xfer:temp-file-name _tmp_*" to achieve wanted behaviour.
Alexander.
akshay gupta
2014-09-19 11:38:54 UTC
Thanks a lot Alexander, when will these features come out in release
version? I want to use these features in production, would be best if I
could use a stable version.
Alexander.
Alexander Lukyanov
Alexander.